Binary.com is seeking a driven, hands-on, and technically-gifted DevOps Manager for our technology group. You will oversee our high-traffic network operations that are absolutely crucial for business. Your technical leadership will have a direct impact on our bottom line and growth.
Binary.com is the award-winning leader in online binary options trading. Our platform allows customers to trade currencies, stocks, and commodities.
Founded in 1999, we are one of the oldest and most respected names in our industry. Today, we have over 1 million registered accounts around the world, and trade over US$1 billion in options transactions per year.
Our business is growing strong. Over the last five years, we have grown more than 20-fold. We expect to grow even further in the coming years.
Binary.com is one of the IT world’s most vibrant and progressive workplaces. We blend the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup, with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You should be passionate for what Binary.com stands for, and what we do.
You are the type of person who thrives in a dynamic and challenging work environment. You approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you seek open and honest communication — even under extreme pressure and deadlines.
If you know what we can do to improve, we’re always open to your feedback. We always judge your suggestions based on merit, and not personal bias.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- Fix complex problems, especially when it comes to infrastructure bottlenecks.
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same.
- Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment.
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner.
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy.
- Analyse and optimise processes to handle unexpected situations more efficiently.
- Be extremely hands-on, and also have a say in the company’s big picture strategy.
- Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal.
- Learn and improve, day in and day out.
You should be technically strong, and proficient in the following:
- Expertise in cloud solutions and virtualization infrastructure, including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, OpenVZ, and KVM.
- Experience with Linux and open-source products, such as Bind, DHCP, iptables, and Postfix.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking, VPNs, and IPsec.
- Knowledge of hardware and software firewalls, intrusion detection methods, security systems, and DDoS protection.
- Thorough knowledge of bash scripting, and experience with the Perl scripting language.
- Experience configuring Chef using the Ruby programming language.
- Experience in managing round-the-clock operations for incident resolution, including alerts, rotations, and escalations.
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our high-traffic networks.
As our DevOps Manager, you will guide our approach to network operations. The stability and scalability of our networks have a direct impact on our bottom line. This means that you will be taking on a mission critical leadership role.
To excel, you must demonstrate a passion for open-source technologies. You must also have a burning desire to challenge yourself in a fast-paced environment.
- Train, develop, and direct a team of world-class, Linux-based SysAdmins.
- Translate the ongoing business needs of the company into a suitable IT infrastructure.
- Monitor hardware and software deployment, including our worldwide network of servers and office networks.
- Oversee incident responses for our production servers.
- Take necessary measures to correct and enhance IT operations.
- Manage security, intrusion detection, DDoS protection, and PCI compliance measures for each deployed server.
- Conduct disaster and recovery planning, as well as their execution.
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits. You will also receive travel and Internet allowances.
You will enjoy a casual dress code and flexi hours. You also have the freedom to select your preferred tools and systems.
We will also assist you with your work permit, and relocation for your family.
This position is based at our operational headquarters in Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
Cyberjaya is an exciting high-tech precinct south of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. The benefits of working in Cyberjaya include a low cost of living, and modern infrastructure. You’ll also have easy access to some of Asia’s most spectacular scenery.
To support further growth, we are setting up an office in central Kuala Lumpur. You’ll have an opportunity to do great things in one of the world’s most exciting cities.